Friday, February 22, 2008

Still In Process But Looking Good

The court date is actually the 26th. However, we have made some progress finally. I went to the circuit court's office in Huntsville and asked for a copy of my case and charges and they provided it for a mere $1. Reading through it I noticed the investigating officer had actually been to our home before for our cell group bible study last year and was the neighbor of one of our professors. So, I then went to the Moberly Police station and talked to her and she ended up showing me the video footage. While you can't see what card I'm using or the items I'm buying while at the self check out lane, as I walk out the door, you can see through the bag at what I purchased... namely a bag of Doritoes. This matches what is on my receipt and does not match the EBT card's receipt so she said that it proved my innocence. She called the Prosecuting Attorney's office and reported this and I'm waiting for a call from that office that should have already happened. If it doesn't, the officer said to make my court appearance and hopefully, the case can be dismissed from there. So, while it isn't over, it is looking much more positive at this point and I'm guarding my original receipt w/ my life! 

We are amazed at how many are praying for us and specifically for those students who have been asking that it be taken care of completely so that I will not have to go to court even. We even had one student getting a crowd ready to accompany me to court!! haha! So, thank you and we will keep you updated as it transpires. 

2 comments:

Scott said...

I'm praying that you'll have to go to jail so that the students can put MT 25:36 into practice. It is for the greater good Mike.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the update. We'll keep praying. God bless,

Allen Messimer